But what about…
My favourite TV show, the son’s Warcraft game and my husbands’ internet…. yep,..yada yada yada……and your daughter believes the world will collapse if she doesn’t check her Facebook.
This is the norm for many of us now….and there’s nothing wrong with any of this happening…. But what if that’s pretty much all that happens, day in, day out.
Switching Off and Tuning In is about you and your family being the centre of attention.
OK Mum…..back away from the TV…….. Now Peter … put … the … Blackberry … down and we’ll all have a group hug”!
Well, you might not want a group hug right now, but how about a board game – or a tumble with your kids - or some time with your daughter finding out what’s really going on for her at school?
Some Non Screen Stuff;
- Get creative – a family artwork – join a choir
- Get busy – redecorate a room – organize the photos
- Get lazy – chill out and do nothing
- Get cooking – make something special
- Get learning – a language – an instrument
- Get talking – about anything
- Get imagining – write a story or read a book
- Get pampered – do something special for yourself & each other
- Get healthy – get out & moving
- Get productive – plant a vegie garden
- Get relaxed – enjoy the peace & quiet
- Get thinking – make some time for your thoughts
- Get silly – play games and have some fun
- Get giving – volunteer or give some time for others
- Get crafty – make Christmas gifts
- Get smelling - the roses