How to make it work for you and your family?
Talk with your family about having a Screen Free Day, and after the screaming has died down, discuss what kinds of things you could do instead.
There’s no wrong or right here. Take little steps at first if that’s all you can manage and go screen free after dinner or jump right in and go COLD TURKEY. Pull the plug on the whole day! It can be a shock to the system as it drives home how used we are to being constantly connected.
Look for ideas here for doing ‘Non Screen Stuff’ and share yours via the forum page.
We want you to share the highs, the lows, the triumphs AND the tragedies. One thing’s for sure, we’re all in this together. We’re all guinea pigs in this 21st century experiment so we may as well look through the microscope and make our own choices.
Non Screen Stuff;
- Get creative – a family artwork – join a choir – paint the dog
- Get busy – redecorate a room – organize the photos
- Get lazy – chill out and do nothing – have some down time
- Get cooking – make something special
- Get learning – a language – an instrument – a craft
- Get talking – about anything -
- Get imagining – write a story or read a book – look at the stars
- Get pampered – do something special for yourself & each other
- Get healthy – get out & moving
- Get reconnected – call or have friends or family over
- Get productive – plant a vegie garden
- Get relaxed – enjoy the peace & quiet
- Get thinking – make some time for your thoughts
- Get silly – play games and have some fun
- Get giving – volunteer or give some time for others
- Get crafty – make Christmas gifts
- Get smelling - the roses